Adsense

August 22, 2008

2ReVert

It is always a wonder to me when a husband and wife work, live and play together. It's not that my hubby and I wouldn't do it, it's just that our professions are different and would not merge in the woods. As always, in my travels through the shops of Etsy, I found 2ReVert where old skateboards are converted to new useful items, such as jewelry, and I was fascinated. It takes such imagination to recycle in such a creative way. I absolutely love this shop and I hope you will to.

What are your names, and where are you from
2ReVert is made up of Jann and Jeff (husband/wife), and we are from Nova Scotia, Canada. We live on the outskirts of a small town and were both born here.

What inspires you to do your craft/artistry?
Jann: Recycling is completely in my blood, I've been working in the admin section of the waste management industry for the last 13 years. So for me the driving force is to recycle and be good to the earth.
Jeff: For me, it was a way to get back to being free to be artistic and express myself.

How do you see yourselves evolving in the next 5-10 years?
Jann: That's a tough one, I guess I can only hope that I'll be 5-10 years older, maybe wiser can come with that too :)
Jeff: I would like to see my skills evolve to the point that they don't limit what we can come up with.

What are some of your favorite things?
Jann: I'm currently loving our Act2 laptop bag (it's made of recycled pop bottles) and my Reiter8 bag (made from recycled sail boat sails).
Jeff: My bikes, I have a Giant AC downhill bike, a Norco road bike and a Norco BMX.

What are your favorite quotes?
Jann: "A dream is like a river, ever changing as it flows", author unknown. It's been my favourite since I was little, it's so true and I think that's why I find it hard to answer the future questions.
Jeff: "You teach people how to treat you".

Take a moment and visit this really cool shop and tell your friends! Let them know I sent you.

No comments:

Sponsors