Adsense

August 18, 2008

stART on the Street

I had a plan. I was going to place some items at OAK for adoption to a nice home, then I was going to show at the Lancaster Flea Market once a month until the end of the year. That way, I'd be able to research shows for next year, build inventory and hit the ground running for 2009.

However, as we all know, the best laid plans. . . .

Turns out, I am placing items at OAK, I will be hand-delivering them on Saturday, August 23rd! I'm very excited about it because getting my pieces out to the public is key to survival & growth. However, the part of the plan that didn't work out so well was the "showing at the Lancaster Flea Market" part.

A couple of weeks ago, my mom and I went on a recon mission to see the venue and make sure my items were a fit. They weren't. From what I saw, the biggest draw was antiques. My items don't fall into that category by any means. So what does that mean? It means I had to re-think my plan and implement another.

So on Sunday, September 21, 2008 (rain date Sunday September 28) I will be showing and selling at stART on the Street in Worcester, MA. This is a great opportunity, because apparently it's a BIG show. You'll notice in the sidebar ---> I've challenged myself to have at least 100 pieces with me. How many do I currently have, that aren't going for adoption at OAK? 19.

Am I worried? No, just anxious and a bit "rushed". Had I been planning for this show since June, I'd be ready with 100 pieces, however, the plan started last Monday. . . needless to say, if I'm caught at any time without my hooks, needles and yarn, it's because I'm at work or I'm sleeping!

Mark your calendar and come out to stART on the Street to see what I've done and to say hello! Let me know you read the blog. It will really make, what I anticipate to be a busy day, much easier to get through. . . did I mention this would be my first "real" show?

I decided to jump in with both feet. . . now I'm wondering about the sea life. . . .

I'm hoping to have another show lined up for December, but that one is juried, and I won't know until September 4th if I've gotten in or not. . . If I do get in, it will be another HUGE show, but I'll have more time to prepare!

No comments:

Sponsors