Adsense

October 27, 2011

Ring of Wire

Melissa is the artist behind Ring of Wire a lovely little Etsy shop opened in July of this year! I found out about her shop because someone at work was so excited about her items they had to share . . . Oh, did I mention we work at the same company, but in different offices. She's down south and I'm in New England. That, however, has not hindered our communication. When I saw the awesome work she was doing, I asked if she wanted to take a moment and be part of my blog. As you can see, the answer was yes, and you get the great benefit of meeting this lovely artist!!

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself
My name is Melissa and I am originally from western PA, but currently living in Raleigh, NC with my husband, two cats and a bird (the cats and bird surprisingly do get along). As far back as I can remember I’ve always enjoyed making things or at least giving numerous projects a try, so many of my family members and friends have received numerous handmade crafts from me throughout the years. I started making jewelry about 8 years ago and set it to the side when my ‘work world’ became busier, but pulled everything out this year with a goal of getting back to something I truly enjoyed. So far so good!

2. Which of your items is your favorite and why?
My current favorite in my shop (and that does change frequently) is the Ceramic Lentil Bead Ring, I really love the colors in this bead. When I saw the beads I almost didn’t buy them as my shopping basket was a little fuller than planned, but I just could not pass them up. I am so glad I didn't becasue the ring came out beautifully and the colors are perfect for Fall/Winter…my favorite seasons.

3. What is your favorite book, why?
A very hard question to answer since I LOVE to read. However, I think I would have to go with The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde. I love anything creative and this book was such a neat idea and written so well that it was really hard to put down. I have read pretty much all of his books and continue to be amazed at his originality in coming up with such fun storylines.

4. What is your favorite food, why?
I really love food so, again, another hard one to answer. My sweet tooth can get out of control, but a good staple for me and always a standby when I am just not sure what I am hungry for would be a grilled cheese. I’ve never had a bad one, but none will ever taste as good as my moms.

5. If you knew you could not fail, what would you do?
I would definitely leave my regular day job and be a professional crafter/maker. It is really something I like doing so I don’t consider it to be “work” but more of an honor to do so - making things for other people makes me feel pretty good inside. I would then balance my time doing that with volunteering at the local SPCA where there are so many great animals just waiting for a home. I adopted a cat from there 3 years ago and it has been a joy having her in our home. I wish I had the space to add more!

Melissa is offering a 10% off all purchases with the code BLOGREADER10. Go over and give her a visit! Let her know I sent you becasue I'm sure she'll be happy to give you the code discount!

You can find Melissa
on Etsy
on Facebook


No comments:

Sponsors