Adsense

June 13, 2008

Boston Handmade Marketplace

As I've been "reviving" my fervor for yarn and creating all things knit and crochet, I've joined a few teams. As you can see in my sidebar I'm a proud member of several circles. However, my most recent membership is very close to home (literally) because it is comprise of artists in the Boston Metro area, that makes it a totally different experience for me.

When working online it's easy to be that distant person with no contact, but being part of a group that is in your backyard pushes you to mingle with those of your craft and mind. So, it excites me to be part of a group that will give me the opportunity we don't often get as adults, the one to make new friends!

Although I will be joining a craft show with my fellow teammates on July 3rd, I hope to get out and meet a few of them on Saturday, June 28th and I want some of you to go too!

The details:
Boston Handmade Marketplace
Union Square ~ Somerville, MA
Saturday, June 28 ~ 3pm to 7pm


Somerville Arts Council & Boston Handmade Present an ArtsUnion Event

An outdoor fair featuring work by Massachusetts artists, craftspeople and artisans associated with the arts group Boston Handmade and Etsy.com: helping people make a living making things.

This fair promotes local independent businesses and individuals creating one-of-a-kind and limited edition handmade works in small studio environments, not factories.

More than 25 artists, artisans, and craftspeople will be showing and selling handmade jewelry, clothing, accessories, housewares, art, photography, toys, and sculpture. Also on tap will be live music, craft demonstrations, and more!!

Join me for an afternoon/evening of craft fun and support these incredible artists and their work.

You can see some of their work on the blog. Don't forget to visit their Etsy shops as well!

No comments:

Sponsors