Adsense

July 25, 2008

Dancing Monkey Jewelry

If you're looking for beautiful, delicate, one-of-a-kind jewelry then look no further. Martha of Dancing Monkey has what you're looking for. Get to know her here then shop her store without reserve!

Tell us a little bit about yourself
My name is Martha Hughes, and I live in Tacoma, Washington

What inspires you to create your jewelry?
I needed an outlet for my creativity and would drive past a bead store on my way home each night and I was always drawn to the lovely display of beads in the store window. One day I went in and was instantly hooked on the idea of creating my own jewerly once I saw all the examples that were inspired by the Sundance Catalog. I signed up for my first class right there. I love jewelry and love sitting at my work bench looking at all my beads and just playing around with the color combinations. I like to think of my jewelry as organic and elegant and I tend to find most of my inspiration from nature. Creating jewelry and making a living from the jewelry I create is my main inspiration.

How do you see yourself evolving in the next 5-10 years?
My goal is to be able to earn a living selling my jewelry - hopefully - I will be doing that full time within the next 5 years.

What are some of your favorite things?
Some of my favorite things: Orange - I love that color, working in my garden - I love flowers, hiking - I like being out in nature, my dog - he's good company, especially during walks, cooking - my husband loves my cooking, reading - there's nothing better than curling up with a good book, Jewelry - I love jewelry, the desire to have unique pieces was what attracted me to creating jewelry in the first place.

What is your favorite quote?
I can resist anything but temptation. --Oscar Wilde

You can find Martha at her Etsy Shop.

No comments:

Sponsors