Adsense

July 18, 2008

Lucia of Larimeloom

If you like these items you should read on. They are all the product of Larimeloom. Because her items are lovely and caught my eye, I decided to make Lucia my "Friendly Friday's" profile. Read and enjoy!

Tell us a little bit about yourself
My name is Maria Lucia Squillari and I am 21 years old. I live in Northern Italy in a small town with my big family (we are nine in all, 7 kids and 2 parents along with goats, chikens, cats and a garden). I am also a classical guitar student so my time is divided between home, were I work on etsy and help keep house to a sane level, and my grandmother's house were I live when I have classes. It's a bit of a double life :)

What inspires you to create?
The craft itself inspires me, it is so much fun to do things for the pure pleasure of doing them, and to have the possibility to earn some money from it is the best thing ever! I have always been into trying out whatever manual thing came my way...it was beadworking for awhile, then it was crosstitching, after that it was making baskets, then knitting big lumpy sweaters and long scarves for friends or family members, then it was crocheting, or weaving or sewing...I have always had the tendency not to stick for long to these "burning passions" and to skip from one to the next leaving lots of unfinished projects strewn along the way. Etsy is what gave me a bit more consistency, although here too it started out with only woven scarves, and now I've added handspuns and sewn garments...and who knows what will come along next! I love working with color, and I love fibers and threads, they inspire me tremendously, especially when combined, so that is where I find my biggest inspiration.

How do you see yourself evolving in the next 5-10 years?
I have absolutely no idea :) I will have to wait and see...

What are some of your favorite things?
My favorite color is always changing, but is hovering around green at the moment. I like to take walks, to work in my grandmothers garden, I don't watch many movies, but I liked "The Truman Show" and "Amelie" very much. I used to be a very avid reader but it seems to have subsided a bit of late. I don't have a favorite book at the moment. I love big bags of colorful wool to sit down and spin.

You can find Lucia at her Etsy Shop

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Woah, these are so cute! Thanks for the link to a new favorite shop!

Sponsors