Adsense

October 20, 2008

Shawl!

Here is my lovely shawl! I am so excited about it, because I think it came out fantastic! What do you think?

We went to a friend's wedding this past Saturday and as you can see, I wore a plain (for lack of a better word) black dress. I love the dress, but I thought it needed some color since my honey was wearing a reddish tie, and I bought my baby a red sweater to wear with black cords. So, I purchased jewelry with touches of red, but that didn't seem sufficient. Then I thought, knit something!!

You'd think that would be the first thought, but I'll be the first to tell you that my lack of time often precludes my thinking of "making" something before buying it. . . that is slowly changing. Anyway, I bought this ribbon novelty yarn at a DEEP discount, then I purchased some crochet thread in red for the added color and knit all week to get to this point. The finished product is here and I love it!

I'd love to offer it (meaning the type of shawl, not mine cause I love it!) in my Etsy shop, but I'm not sure if that is the right "venue" for it. . . one day soon, my website will be up-and-running.

So there it is! My latest work of art. . . I may not have it in my shop, but if you love it send me a message. . . I do "commissioned" work! ;)

No comments:

Sponsors