Adsense

November 12, 2008

Crochet Your Way


In 2001 I taught myself to crochet with a skein of yarn, a hook and this book. Crochet Your Way is still one of my favorites because I think it was an easy book to follow. Since then I have picked up various other titles and moved all over the spectrum of crochet, but this is still my favorite.

Here are the main reasons I recommend this book to anyone who would like to learn to crochet.

- If you're left-handed, there are detailed instructions for you on how to have a pattern adjust for your needs
- There are a number of patterns in this book, from very easy to complicated to challenge you every step of your way
- The instructions are clear, with illustrations
- Resources are given to help you further your "education"

Even if all you want to do, is make a scarf for yourself, this book will give you the basics of the stitches you need to do that. My first project was a scarf for my husband. I used it to practice what I learned from this book. I want to fix it now because I'm such an "expert" that I see lots of flaws but my husband won't let me. In a way, I'm glad he won't, you can never know how far you've come, if you don't see where you started.

I highly recommend this book if you are just starting out and want an easy way to learn.

No comments:

Sponsors