Adsense

November 21, 2008

Hot Flash Glass

So it's "Friendly Friday" again so you get to meet a new shop owner from Etsy. As I've been browsing thru Etsy, I am still in awe of the many amazing thing the shops have to offer. Hot Flash Glass is on my "hearted" list because her pieces are really cute. Read the brief interview then make sure to visit her shop. I'm sure she'd be happy to see you.

Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Maria and I live North of Boston with my husband and our two kids (dogs) Bruschi and Brandi. I work during the day as an Administrative Assistant. When I get home, I get in comfortable clothes and go straight to my studio to work with my glass.

What inspires you to your craft/artistry?
I get very inspired by fusing the glass because it's so amazing when you're ready to open your kiln and see what you've created and of course as you're watching it fuse together through the little window. I've always been a crafty person keeping myself busy, but I am totally into fusing glass.

How do you promote your items?
I promote mostly through the Etsy forums, business cards, and work.

What is one piece of advice you'd give to new artists?
Keep at it - and live your dream!

How do you see yourself evolving in the next 5-10 years?
Hopefully retired from my full-time job and able to put all my time and energy into my glass fusing business full-time.

What are some of your favorite things?
Going to concerts, spending time with friends and family, the colors black and purple.

What is your favorite quote?
Live life to the fullest

You can find Maria at her Etsy Shop

1 comment:

pickleberries said...

Thanks! I always love to hear about other glass artists and see their work. We are all so different.

Sponsors