Adsense

October 21, 2011

They talked about Yarn Obsession - A Memory Walk

For some reason I have been going back in my blog and seeing the various posts I've written as well as taking a look at the various posts that have been written about me. It's fun and enlightening because when you look back you can see how far you've come and it helps re-focus your goal.

Just like any shop owner, when a fellow artist asks to profile your shop because they like what you do, it's flattering and all at once humbling. Below are some of the crafters who have taken the time from their schedules to talk about me.

What I found? The look of my shop may change, but the goal has remained the same.

Crickets Creations talks about Yarn Obsession - In May of 2008 I'd been at my first job after having my son in September of 2006 and leaving CA for MA. I started playing with yarn again because I now had time on my train commute to work up patterns and get them ready for the Etsy Shop. Cricket was one of the first to randomly speak of my shop. As you can see, it is not an interview, it is simply a glowing endorsement. I was ever so grateful.

Etsy Artists of Color talk about Yarn Obsession - I became part of the Etsy Artists of Color team sometime in 2008 when I had the opportunity to re-open my Etsy shop and create items to populate it. In October of that year I was asked to do an interview for the team blog.

Le Miel et Le Bonbon (aka Kalicat) talks about Yarn Obsession - This interview was done in March of 2009. At that time I had been laid off for 3 months and focusing solely on getting a job and yarn. Three months later we purchased our first house and I began working as a Real Estate Agent, curtailing my yarn work for a bit.

Gloria's Jewelry Box talks about Yarn Obsession (Sedruola) - Most recently I had the opportunity to complete an interview for Gloria's Jewelry Box. Because this interview was done on my birthday this year, it is the most recent snapshot of what's going on with Yarn Obsession. On that day I turned 43, I now have two children aged 5 and 6 months, I'm working a new job and my yarn is going in a direction I couldn't have imagined just 4 years ago.

Like I said, seeing how far you've come, helps to keep the goal in mind. I hope you enjoyed this walk down memory lane with me. . . I'm looking forward to more interviews and more memories!

2 comments:

Additionsstyle said...

What a great idea to look back and see how far you have come! It looks like things have grown and changed in very positive ways. I wish you much success!
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Sheryl Hastings said...

It's always nice to take that walk down memory lane. Love all the snuggly warm things you're showing here. It was 40 degrees when I looked at my thermometer this morning!

Sponsors