Adsense

January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King, Jr. 1929 - 1968

Photo Courtesy of Dr. Kathleen Young
Had he lived Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would have celebrated his 83rd birthday yesterday. Instead he was cut down at the age of 39 in 1968. I was born in 1968 which means I am already past the age he will forever remain in our minds. As I think about that, I wonder if my life is living up to the legacy that he and others like him envisioned. Am I sending the right vibration through the Universe? Am I facing each day with the thought that I don’t have to tear another down in order to build myself up? Am I treating everyone with respect regardless of color, religion, creed, sexual orientation or all those other small things that we can easily use to prejudice ourselves against one another? Am I teaching my children that the content of one’s heart is far more important than the color of their skin? Am I living to my greatest potential?


As I ponder those thoughts I am humbled by the lives that came before me, and were torn away too soon. I am moved to do better, because in each of our lives, the better we do the stronger the vibration of love and peace will grow.

Happy Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!!

1 comment:

Additionsstyle said...

What a wonderful tribute! You have given us something to think about.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Sponsors