Adsense

January 4, 2012

Workout Wednesday - Getting Started!


Ernestine Shepherd: 70+ years old
It's a new year and we all have things we've decided to do for the year. We usually call them "resolutions" but they tend to last about a month and then fall slowly by the wayside. I don't usually make resolutions. What I do is edit and re-write goals for the year. What's the difference? Well the difference is very slight. A Goal is an end or achievement whereas a resolution is a intent. In my world, intent does not always get you to the achievement of a task. So, after considering for a long time what goals I wanted to map out for the next few months (I don't do the year, it's too long and seems too overwhelming) I decided I needed to Get Fit!

In April of 2011 I had a baby girl who is a pure blessing to our family, but who also changed my body to one that is unrecognizable to me. Not drastically different, but I have no real clue what my actual size is or what will now look good on my person. In 2011 I also dedicated a lot of time to crochet. Not a very "active" craft, but one that has brought me tons of satisfaction. Knowing that crochet will continue to take up a lot of my time and that if I don't allow myself to get to know my body I will always be in the dark about my size, my goal in 2012 is to get "Tone, Fit and Healthy"! I am not focusing on losing weight although it may be a by-product of my activity, but on putting more movement into my days and allowing my body to stretch and tighten as needed so that I can feel good through my days and know that I'm doing some good for myself.

I've heard that the best way to stay accountable is to tell someone, so, I'm letting you know what I'm doing, asking you to join me and and let's keep each other accoutable! I have a board on Pinterest called "Get Moving" where I've pinned several websites that give pointers in different ways to target the parts of your body you'd like to work on. I'll be using quite a bit of that information and any more that I come across along the journey.

Now,  goal isn't really a goal unless there is an actual destination. Every Wednesday I will write about the journey, maybe include some images of me (before / after. . . still in negotiations) and anything that I'm doing to reach the goal. Today is an introduction, next week I will post my current numbers as well as the goals I want to attain for each area of "improvement".

I'd love for you to join me! Write a blog post about your goal and share it in the comments or simply leave a comment letting me know you'll be following along. If you'd rather send me an email, you can do that too. I would just love to know who is on this journey with me and cheer you on as I will also need some cheering.

2012 is a new year and a new opportunity to Get Moving! It's not about the weight you lose, but about the health and energy you gain. Food, exercise and activities are all a part of the healthy lifestyle that we should all choose to live. Let's GET MOVING together!!

1 comment:

Additionsstyle said...

Sounds like a good plan! I look forward to following your progress, and be inspired by your success.
Valerie
Everyday Inspired

Sponsors