Adsense

February 28, 2012

Hooking the Wool-Eater Blanket CAL

I love to crochet. I love to work on my own designs. However, sometimes working on my own designs gets overwhelming, and yes staid, so I like to break up the monotony with other projects that keep me close to yarn and yet not struggling with math. There is something so great about working on a project that I can just follow directions for rather than design.

So, in light of that, last night I started the Wool Eater CAL 2012 going on at Sarah London's blog and on Ravelry. I decided that I had enough yarn in my stash that I could devote to this project along with some scrap yarn (which is going to make it interesting) that would also be appropriate so I started last night.

First, if you've never been to Sarah London's blog, please do go, her items are so vibrant and beautiful it will be worth the eye candy impact alone. However, she also has some really cool patterns and it's just a fun place to gather. The Wool eater blanket is one that really does eat up a lot of yarn! It's an amazingly fun pattern that I literally had to pull myself away from. . . now I'm concerned about my designing...

Here's a peek at what I started last night . . . I'm so excited about the possibilities! I'm not sure if this is going to stay in our home or be donated, but whatever the case, it's going to be amazing.


If you'd like to get in on the Wool Eater CAL 2012 just click on the link and you'll be taken to Sarah's Blog where there will be all the info you need along with a link to the pattern! I'll give you updates as it grows and as colors are added, but until then, take a look at what Sarah's been doing with hers here, and here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a really fun project! Enjoy:)

Sponsors