Adsense

May 3, 2008

Pink yarn. . .

Do you know what this is? It's a sweater I found in my closet. I've had this sweater for about 4 years and it has become of of my favorites, but lately I've noticed that it's become a bit faded and frayed at the edges. I was going to send it to the Goodwill, but it dawned on me, why send it to Goodwill, only to buy it back to repurpose the yarn?

So what did I do?

I pulled it apart only moments after discovering it!

What a rush!

I'm excited because not only do I get the yarn, but I get the really great buttons on the sweater. I'm thinking I'm going to dye the yarn in order to bring back some vibrance and repurpose it into a pattern I've been developing in my head! It should be ready by mid to late summer for a Fall line of items! Can you even imagine how anxious I am to contine on this project path?

I don't know how much yarn I have from this sweater, but I know it's going to be enough for my project. I think I'll have a significant amount left over so I'll have to decide what to do with the rest. But, one thing, and day at a time!

1 comment:

erin, maker of chimes said...

Love how you're recycling the yarn! I'm sure that the final product will be just as wonderful as all the other things you've been creating!

Sponsors