Adsense

November 1, 2011

Why Crochet is better than knitting. . .

Crochet Collar Wrap Hood
I love to crochet! I taught myself in 2002 and we've had a love affair ever since. A few years after learning to crochet, I decided to teach myself to knit. Why? Because I love yarn too, and knitting is also done with yarn. The more I can do to dimnish my stash, the sooner I can purchase more yarn. However, as much as I loved to do both, I always found that crochet fit into my lifestyle better. It was easier to carry, faster to work up and I found it easier to do. So, for now I've hung up my knitting needles and I only crochet.

Now, I see amazing knitting everywhere, and not as much amazing items in crochet. I thought I was alone in thinking crochet was tops, until I read this article by Jayna! Jayna loves to crochet and she created a list of 8 reasons why crochet is better than knitting. Well, I'm not a big fan of saying "better" since they are different, but I love her list of reasons and I'm happy to know I'm not the only one embracing crochet to this extent.


Knit Collar Wrap Hood
Going forward there will be a lot more crochet patterns, talk and tutorials while I phase out the knitting in my life. After all, I have two young children and the faster I can get through a project, the better for everyone! I do like knitting and I may get back to it later in life, but for now, I'm a crocheter and I'm exactly where I want to be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank for your post. I second that with "crochet I am right where I want to be". I've grown since my mom taught me at age 9. I loved the colors in yarn, the feel of yarn and thinking of what my creativity can do with a hook and the various yarns. Now there are cords,ribbon even plastic you can crochet. I taught myself alittle of knitting but just love the one hook. The ideas are endless not to mention all of the crochet stitches I want to learn.

Jayna (JJCrochet) said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the article. I think knitting gets too much credit sometimes - us crochet gals have to hold our own! You do beautiful work and have the cutest patterns. Congrats on being published, that's awesome and something to be very proud of. Keep up the great work!
JJCrochet

Sponsors