Adsense

January 11, 2012

Workout Wednesday - Goals

Last week I introduced you to the idea of getting healthy in 2012! Not focusing on weight, but on being a healthy and energetic body. This week it's all about goals! When I made the decision it wasn't a resolution but a goal, and in order to acheive I need to know where I am so that I can determine where I want to be aka my "goal"! As I mentioned last week, it's about gaining healthy habits and making changes that will get my body fit, strong and healthy. If that means losing weight, a little or a lot, for you, then make sure to include a weight goal in your plan. For me, it's about looking at myself in the mirror and recognizing the body I now have as mine. It's also about keeping up with my two young children!
My plan consists of a few areas:
- Fitness / Exercise
- Diet
- Energy / Strength

I want to change eating habits that will work in conjunction with an exercise routine and get my body fit, energetic and happy! That's it! Below are the numbers I'm starting with and the goals I want to attain. I am not giving myself a date for all these things to happen, because being healthy is an ongoing process. When I reach the goals, the next step will be to maintain them. I'm starting in 2012, but this should go far beyond that!

Early 2010 I read a book called "One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way" it was all about taking the smallest step in the direction you want to go, being consistent and watching how you reach your goal. I plan on re-reading that book in the next couple of weeks to remind myself that I hold the ability to make the needed changes in my life. I don't have to start everything all at once, I just need to start and be consistent.

My stats are:
- Bust: 34
- Waist: 30
- Hips: 37.5
- Weight: 122

My goals are:
- Bust: 34
- Waist: 25
- Hips: 35
- Weight: Between 115 & 120 lbs.

As you can see, for me it's more about losing inches than weight. In order to do that, I really need to focus my attention on those areas I want to change with targeted exercise. I've determined that since this is my program, I am free to add to it as I go. I'm also free to alter it (in the positive only) as needed when necessary, so don't be surprised when you see changes. There are no hard and fast rules, there is only moving forward, and as long as I am doing that, it's all good.

I'm starting with one small step. . . Next Week: Water

If you missed last week's post, here is a link back Workout Wednesday - Getting Started

1 comment:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

You go, girl! Good luck with the goal. My goal is similar -- to get healthier. I hope we both make progress in 2012!

Sponsors