Adsense

February 7, 2012

Learn To Crochet - Tunisian Simple Stitch (TSS)





The art of Tunisian Crochet (which is sometimes refered to as Afghan Crochet) is a type of fusion between knitting and crocheting. The hook used to work Tunisian Crochet is a long hook that almost looks like a knitting needle except for the hook at the end.

In traditional crochet only one stitch is active at a time while in Tunisian Crochet many stitches are active just as in knitting. Although there are many types of tunisian crochet stitches, this video is of the basic Tumisian Simple Stitch with is the starting point in learning to work with Tunisian Crochet. This is one of the stitches used in the Tunisian Crochet Ribbed Cowl pattern found on this blog.

I hope this video helps you better understand the directions for the Tunisian Crochet Simple Stitch and gets you on the way to creating beautiful "fusion" pieces. This video can be found at my YouTube channel along with all the other videos I've showcased here on the blog. I'd love to hear your feedback. Do you have a stitch you're currently struggling with or would like to learn? Leave me a comment, maybe I can get a video done to help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's pretty interesting! As a knitter I never really look into crochet. It's cool that there's a style of fusion:)

Sponsors