If you are a beginner in both knitting and crochet, you can create this very simple piece with great results! It uses basic stitches and works up pretty fast and easy.
If you run into any questions, please contact me and I will do my best to help you virtually!
- Size 8 knitting needles
- Size H8 crochet hook
- 2 medium size buttons
- Tapestry needle
- 1 Skein worsted weight yarn (color A) (6 oz)
- 1 Skein worsted weight yarn (color B) (6 0z)
- With color A and size 8 knitting needles, cast on 80
- Row 1: k across
- Row 2: p across
- Repeat rows 1 & 2 until you have 26 rows, change to color B and continue for 26 rows, bind off
Crochet Panel 1: Holding colors A & B and using H8 crochet hook
- Row 1: on first edge of knit panel sc in 20th st from edge, then sc across 20 sts, turn
- Row 2: Ch 2 hdc in 20 sts across
- Repeat row 2 for pattern until 6 rows total, bind off
- Row 1: On second edge of knit panel, sc in 20th st from edge, then sc across 20 sts, turn
- Row 2: Ch 2, hdc in 20 sts across, turn
- Row 3: Ch 2, hdc in next 5 sts, ch 2, skip 2 st, hdc in next 5 sts, ch 2, skip next 2 st, hdc in last 6 sts, turn
- Row 4: Ch 2, *hdc in next 5 sts, 2 hdc in ch 2 sp, repeat from * to last 6 sts, hdc in last 6 sts, turn
- Row 5: Ch 2, hdc in 20 sts across, turn
- Row 6: Ch 2, hdc in 20 sts across, bind off
Sew buttons onto flat crochet panel across from buttonholes on crochet panel 2. Bind off, weave in ends, wear.
For more easy crochet or knit patterns go to Yarn Obsession on Etsy.